Thank you for visiting my personal website.
This is an excellent way for me to get connected with all my friends – new and old, young and old.
For the benefit of those who don’t know my background, allow me to bring you down the memory lane of my career.
I started in the corporate world for 4 short years before I ventured into my own business. “Vanity is my name and beauty is my game.” I love beautiful things, beautiful places, beautiful people and being beautiful myself. So naturally, with these traits in me, I chose the path of beauty.
HOW IT ALL BEGAN
At the tender age of 24, throwing caution to the wind, and with the financial support from my husband, I took up a franchise in beauty and slimming. It was so easy then, as there were no big players in the market. We recovered our capital in three months. In less than a year, Slenderlin Beauty & Figure (Malacca) Sdn. Bhd. became the talk of the town. The elite, the glamorous, the professionals, the intellectuals and the professionals were patronizing our centre – they want to be part of the “happening and beautiful” people in Melaka.
Yes, we made things happen. We organized big gala events with 400 to 500 guests, where clients got to participate in beauty contests and dancing contests amidst the sophisticated ambience of 5-star hotels.
To complement my beauty knowledge, I went to London to take a very intensive course on modeling and grooming at the then prestigious Lucie Clayton – a finishing school. When I came back, I started to conduct modeling and grooming courses for ladies. With a sharp eye for beauty, I picked up the taller ones, the slimmer ones and the younger ones to be our catwalk models.
During the 9 years that I was running the modeling and grooming agency, on top of my beauty and slimming centre, I had trained models for catwalk, magazine shoots, television commercials; produced more than 100 fashion and dance performances for corporate and state functions; groomed beauty winners.
As the years progressed, the business flourished. I went for regular updates on beauty and fitness. Within 3 years, I bought over the name of SLENDERLIN. After spending more than a decade in Melaka, it was time to move back to Kuala Lumpur, for my children’s higher education. It was also time to expand the business to the city.
In 1999, I started another beauty centre in KLCC, and named it SKIN ESTHICS BEAUTY & C-IMAGE STOPPE. I already had in mind, to do corporate consulting & training on image. At certain periods of our life, we like to move on to another level. I decided to leave the glamour world of modeling to concentrate on my beauty and image business in Kuala Lumpur and Melaka.
Thus, before I started the new business in KLCC, I travelled to Melbourne, to take up two courses in image, viz. in Men’s Grooming and Psychology of Colours, and a refresher on Image.
Since then, I have been doing a lot of corporate training and consulting on image for public-listed corporations, multi-national companies and local companies.
As the demand for my image consulting and training grew and is still growing, it was inevitable that I have to grow and groom more successors and assistants to help with the business. So, together with my business partner, Enrique Tsou, we started SWET ADVANCEMENT CENTRE SDN. BHD. Since 2004, we have been conducting professional courses on image consultants for aspiring image consultants. We have to-date a total of 8 image consultants in our team, and they are known as SWETie (SWET Image Professionals). They have been selected from amongst our own students who have undergone the professional course from us.
MY ACHIEVEMENTS IN IMAGE
- In 2002, I authored a book on professional grooming title “GROOM OR BROOM – Key to Success”
- In 2006, I passed my qualifying exams as an internationally certified image consultant, known as FLC (First Level Certification) under AICI (Association of Image Consultants International)
- In 2006, I was the Speaker on image for an international audience in Macau under Toastmaster International
- From July 2008 till to-date, I am appointed as Regional Representative for Malaysia under AICI SAS (South Asia Singapore) Chapter
- From July 2008 till to-date, I am appointed as Area Ambassador for Malaysia under AICI (Association of Image Consultants Interntaional).
- I have been featured in NTV 7 –“ Look Good, Feel Good” “Morning Breakfast Show” and TV2 “Be Excellent – 3 series””Hello On Two”.
- I have been featured in numerous publications including NST, The Star, The Sun, Sin Chew, Nanyang Siang Pau, Corporate Journey, Cosmo, Her World, Women At Work, Women’s Weekly, Health & Beauty
- In June 2009, my second book “YES, YOU CAN LOOK SLIMMER – Size Doesn’t Matter, Shape Does” is out in print. Watch out for its launching soon!
- February 2010 – Earned my AICI CIP (Certified Image Professional) – the first and only one in Malaysia todate.
- February 2010 – AICI Malaysia officially formed with me as the Founding President.
- March 2010 – Two radio interviews by BFM (Business FM) on image and grooming.
- May 2010 – Spoke to international audience at Toastmasters International District 80 Annual Convention in Bangkok on “Impress to Express”, a subject on grooming for professional speakers an trainers.
- May 2011 – Received AWARD OF EXCELLENCE in Image Participation from AICI in Orlando. Award of Excellence is a coveted award given to only one Image Consultant internationally every year.